Mr. Zacch Adedeji has been appointed as the Ag. Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Here are things to know about Adedeji:
1. Mr. Zacch A. Adedeji is from Oyo State and he is the Special Adviser, Revenue to Tinubu.
2. He was commissioner of Finance to the late Governor Abiola Ajimobi at the age of 33.
3. He hails from the Iwo-Ate area of Ogo-Oluwa local government of Oyo state.
4. Adedeji studied accounting and graduated with a first-class from Obafemi Awolowo University.
5. He also has his Master’s degree from Obafemi Awolowo University
6. He recently bagged his doctorate degree in Public Sector Finance from Obafemi Awolowo University.
Read Also: BREAKING: Tinubu appoints Zacch Adedeji FIRS’ acting chairman
7. Adedeji is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
8. He is an Alumnus of the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
9. He is a former Manager at Procter & Gamble Company (P&G).
10. He is an Ex- Comm. for Finance in Oyo State
11. Adedeji is an ex-executive secretary of the National Sugar Development Council (NSDC).
12. He will be taking over from Mohammed Nami whose tenure as FIRS chairman ends in December 2023.