We all use lemons often, but most of us don’t even know the real potential of the citrus fruit. Lemon can certainly be used in the kitchen, but that’s not where its benefits stop. As you probably already know, lemons are rich in essential vitamins and minerals vitamin B and C, as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. They are great for our health lemons can detoxify the body, treat and prevent infections, reinforce our immune system and even promote weight loss. They can be used in a variety of ways, but in today’s write-up, I’m going to show you how to use them against a variety of beauty problems.
Here are 7 ways of using lemons all women should know
1. Hydrates the skin. Rubbing your skin with some lemon juice before going to bed is a great way of nourishing it with nutrients and keeping it hydrated. Soak a cotton pad in the juice and rub it on your skin, and it should look much better by the morning.
2. Lightens your hair. Lemon juice is a great natural hair bleach. Mix 50 ml. of the juice with 200 ml. of water and apply it on a few hair strands, then go out in the sun and let the mixture dry.
3. Eliminates dark spots on the skin. If you’re suffering from the so-called age spots, you can use lemon juice to eliminate them. Rub a bit of the juice on the spots directly and leave it to dry for 15 minutes, then repeat the process every day for best results.
4. Prevents chapped lips. Cooler atmosphere, dry skin or lack of some vitamins can lead the chapped lips. Lemon juice can be of great help if you want to get rid of this problem. All you need to do is to apply a little bit of lemon juice on the lips before bed for an additional boost of moisture and hydration.
5. Treats blackheads. If you’re suffering from blackheads on your face, lemon juice is the best remedy. It helps thanks to the presence of calcium, magnesium and potassium, 3 minerals that can cure the problem quicker than any cosmetic product. Lemons have antibacterial and antifungal properties which can also treat other skin problems.
6. Nourishes your nails. Lemon juice isn’t just great for your skin it can do wonders for your nails as well. Dip the nails in a mixture of white vinegar, water and lemon juice every day to nourish them with nutrients and keep them hydrated and strong.
7. A natural deodorant. Rub a cut lemon on your armpits to destroy the bacteria there and prevent body odor