Laboratory Scientist Dies Of Gas Explosion In Delta

A Laboratory scientist attached to government hospital Abraka in Ethiope East Local Council of Delta State, Mrs. Ame Onyelo has died from wounds she sustained during a cooking gas explosion.

According to reports, Onyelo was cooking in her home when the gas exploded, leaving her with 90 percent-degree burns on New Year day.
She was said to be in a state of 50-50 chance of survival before being rushed to the Government Hospital, Abraka and then the Central Hospital, Warri and thereafter to UBTH, where she died on Tuesday at about 1:30p.m.


Confirming her death, the Medical Director (MD) of the government hospital, Dr. Donald Anyoru, said the news of her death came as a rude shock.

“The management visited the family of the deceased in Abraka today. She was a nice woman, very cooperative and a peacemaker. I have been here for about a year now and I can say that she is one of the few people, who you can discuss issues with. We are sad”.Anyoru said


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: