President Bola Tinubu has appointed Ola Olukoyede as Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for a renewable term of four years pending the Senate’s confirmation
Here are six things to know about the new EFCC chairman
1. Ola Olukoyede hails from Ekiti State
2. He is a lawyer with over twenty-two (22) years of experience.
3. He has served as a regulatory compliance consultant and specialist in fraud management and corporate intelligence.
4. Mr. Ola Olukoyede has extensive experience in the operations of the EFCC
5. He has previously served as Chief of Staff to the Executive Chairman (2016-2018)
6. He also served as a secretary to the Commission (2018-2023). As such, he fulfills the statutory requirement for appointment as Chairman of the EFCC