Garba Shehu, President Muhammadu Buhari Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, on Sunday denied reports that a fire incident occurred inside the Presidential Villa.
Reports on Saturday emerged that fire broke out at the Villa.
However, Garba in a series of tweet on Sunday, said the fire broke out, burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa.
He identified the location as the area between the Villa and the Barracks, towards Asokoro.
Garba noted that there was no loss of life and no loss to building and property was recorded.
“The fire, as being speculated, might have started from a passerby dropping a burning cigarette. The Federal Fire Service will ascertain the reason for it when they complete their investigation
“It suffices to say that this bush fire, which started and ended outside the perimeter walls of the Villa, was seamlessly contained by fire stations of the State House and the one nearby from the Federal Fire Service.
He, therefore, thanked Nigerians for their concerns.